ShopWire（www.shopwire.cn） / 2009-10-28
Stay safe online by safeguarding your computer against viruses.
There are numerous viruses in circulation that threaten to damage your computer or spy on your Internet activities. While there is no foolproof way to protect your computer, you can minimize your risk by installing virus protection software. Take full advantage of virus protection by:
- Keeping the virus protection software up-to-date.
- Set the virus protection software to install updates on a regular basis.
- Use the virus protection software to scan your computer frequently.
Spoof emails and Web sites can be a major problems for unsuspecting Internet users. Claiming to be sent by a well-known company, spoof email directs users to Web sites asking for personal information such as a credit card number, Social Security number, or account password.
Because it's so difficult to tell when an email or Web site is a spoof, ShopWire recommends that you:
- Never enter sensitive personal information (such as your password or credit card, bank account, and Social Security numbers) in an email.
If you've upgraded to a browser with the latest anti-phishing capabilities, the Web address bar may help you to identify secure Web pages. Look for a green Web address bar to confirm that you are on a secure page before entering sensitive information.
Stay safe online by protecting your account password.
Whether you're on- or offline, care for your password as you would care for the key to your house. If your password falls into the wrong hands, your identity may be stolen and someone else may access your account.
You can take a few simple steps to help ensure that your password is protected:
- Make sure to create a different password for each online account you hold.
- Create a more secure password by using a combination of letters and numbers.
- Change your password often.
- Don't share your password with anyone.
- If you're signing in to shop.echinawire.com, only enter your password at a URL that begins http://shop.echinawire.com/user.php
Buy with confidence by reading the item description before placing an order.
Before you buy on ShopWire website or Wechat official account store, it's important to know about the item you're interested in. Always read the item description carefully before placing your order. The item description can help you make an informed decision and avoid surprises. It's always a good idea to look at the details of a specific item, as well as the shipping costs and mode of payment accepted.
Contacting Customer Service
Buy with confidence by interacting with customer service to find out more about a product. Before you buy an item on ShopWire, it's important to have all of your questions about the item answered. Make sure all your questions are answered before you buy.
Off ShopWire Website
Stay safe -- Always remember to complete your transaction on ShopWire, unless you are paying with Alipay or Paypal where you would be directed to their secure website to complete payment--it's the safest way to shop. Don't agree to send payment via Wechat Pay or Alipay to anyone with a personal account.
Instant Cash Transfer Services
Pay safely online by never using instant cash transfer services such as Western Union, MoneyGram or Local Bank Transfers to pay for your ShopWire purchases.
Postal Money Orders
Apply these three basic principles: Stop. Look. Listen.
- Stop. Never accept an overpayment for any item. Be advised to make payment in the correct amount. One of the most common signs of a fraud about to occur is the request to accept an over payment and provide "change".
- Look. Familiarize yourself with the security features offered by various forms of payment..
- Listen. Make certain you understand your bank's funds availability or Wechat/AliPay wallet.